PARTNERS & PROGRAMS
Solventas Surgical Alliance
Solventas is a U.S.-based nonprofit that builds local surgical access and capacity, creates self-sustaining surgical practices and improves access to lifesaving procedures in low and lower-middle income countries.
Like traditional nonprofits, Solventas sponsors medical service projects and accepts donations, both financial and of medical supplies and equipment.Solventas sets itself apart, though, by working only in support of local surgeons who are struggling to earn a living in their home country, or who are currently practicing abroad but wish to return. They do so primarily by providing capital and access to surgical and practice management expertise.
For more information, visit the Solventas Surgical Alliance website.
Hope Faith - HOMELESS ASSISTANCE CENTER
The mission of Hope Faith is to share the love of Christ by providing basic human needs including food, clothing, medical and social service intervention. Through His example and provision they will strive to provide services to facilitate self-sufficient and independent living in an environment which promotes personal dignity. The scope of services they provide include:
- Nutrition- meals, nutrition education, and the Community Garden
- Occupational and Situation Management- securing employment, GED classes, addiction recovery classes, client advocacy, furniture and household items for those moving into permanent housing
- Medical- health, dental, and eye clinics as well as behavioral and mental health assistance
- Essential Services- clothing shops, laundromat, hair salon, barber shop, communication services, financial literacy training, computer lab, life skills training
- Transportation- direct transportation, bus passes
- Spiritual- optional Sunday services, Bible studies, and support groups
- Housing- services to assist clients in securing emergency, transitional, and permanent housing as well as transitional housing for interns
For more information, visit the Hope Faith website.
Sportsmen for Heroes
The mission of Sportsmen for Heroes is to share their love for fun, family, and the great outdoors by funding disabled veterans on hunting and fishing trips that they would never be able to experience on their own because of financial or physical limitations.
For more information, visit the Sportsmen for Heroes website.
Emma’s Angels Program
As an integral part of One5’s purpose, Emma’s Angels is part of a larger picture we are creating in a world hungry for love, acceptance and human interaction. By committing to consistent weekly team visitation with the elderly, they are helping to reduce isolation and loneliness and give them hope and the nurturing they deserve.
Volunteers visit with the elderly once a week, send weekly notes, occasionally drop off favorite foods or treats (especially around the holidays) and a weekly phone call so they know they are cared for. Emma’s Angels constantly seek to identify additional elderly in need.
Studies show that 18% of seniors live alone and 43% report feeling lonely on a regular basis. Studies also show that the elderly that report feeling lonely have a 45% increase in their risk of death/ Isolated elders also have a 59% greater risk of mental and physical decline than their more social counterparts.
“Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.”